Saturday, September 23, 2006

So It Begins...

As I write this, it is about 7 A.M here in New York City. I'm lodged comfortably at the Hotel Pennsylvania. I'm in town for the Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors over at the Crowne Plaza in Seacacus, NJ. I'll be joining EFFECTS producer John Harrison for a Q&A on the film's DVD release with some promotion of my doc, AFTER EFFECTS thrown in.

In about two hours, I will be meeting John for the first time, face to face. After two years of phone conversations and e-mails, this is going to be a welcome meeting indeed. His support of my efforts .. EFFECTS was a primary factor in my decision to devote my time to Red Shirt Pictures full time, and it's going to be nice to finally spend some time with the man.

Anyway, if you are in town on Saturday, please drop by the show. We're scheduled to on around 2 PM I think , although I don't have a schedule in front of me. Should be a good time, and we will have new posters for EFFECTS available, which marks the first time I've ever designed a poster for a movie. That was an interesting experience. Graphic design is not my forte per se but this one turned out pretty good.

In October, you can see me at no less than four events. On September 30th, I'll be attending the Cinema Wasteland con in Strongsville, Ohio for three days. Then the following weekend, I'll be attending the Rock & Shock festival and convention in Worcester, MA. Never been to Massachusetts...should be interesting. And then...on October 14th, I'll be at The Warhol Museum screening of EFFECTS in Pittsburgh which will hopefully bring out many members of the film's cast & crew including the aforementioned Mr. Harrison. Then finally on Halloween Weekend, I'll be making the trip back to the NYC area for the Chiller Theatre show....which is the ideal show to wrap up the October convention schedule. Yikes...I'm gonna be wiped out...I can feel it now.

Well the first reviews of the EFFECTS DVD have been coming in...and the news is good. DVD Maniacs and Mondo Digital have given the film good notices and have responded very positively to AFTER EFFECTS which makes me feel very nice to be sure. I'm hoping that people get a kick out of it...it was certainly a blast to work on...in more ways than one.

Anyway, I think that is enough for now. I've got some other chores to accomplish before heading out of here this morning. Keep posting responses to this blog....let me know you are out there. I am lonely and desperate for love, and I'll do anything to get it.

Hey at least I'm honest!

No comments: